By identifying and hiring the right people for the right jobs, you are able to effectively reduce employee turnover. However, it’s not always as easy as it sounds and can depend largely upon the steps in your hiring process. If you are experiencing high turnover or not getting the most qualified candidates, take a look at your selection process and ask yourself the following questions:
- Did we have a wide selection of candidates from which to choose?
- Are the roles and responsibilities of the position clearly defined?
- Are the competencies and characteristics required for the job clearly defined?
- Are our offering salaries/rewards/conditions market competitive?
- Would utilizing outside recruiters and interviewers be more beneficial?
- Should we use some type of interview panel instead of just one interviewer?
- Did you conduct a thorough reference check?
Once you’ve identified or diagnosed potential areas that need additional work, you can begin to improve the process and reduce your employee turnover.
Visit https://www.incparadise.net We help small business owners to start and run small business in all states.« Return to all articles