Logos are a great visual tool for your company. When done correctly, they can enhance your image and recognition among your customers and partners, establish your brand identity, and present an overall professional image of your company.
When developing a logo, consider:
- Your competitors and/or industry. Are their images conservative, flashy, avant garde, traditional? How can you differentiate your company from the competition?
- The message. What do you want your logo to communicate about your company?
- The benefits. A logo can often communicates to your customer the benefits of your service. Do you provide fast service? Are you reliable? Think of images that convey your benefits.
- Functionality. Your logo should be scalable, easy to reproduce, memorable and distinctive.
- Built to last. Create a logo that will withstand the test of time. Sure, it might look trendy and cutting edge today, but will it still fit the bill twenty years from now?